Sunday, December 7, 2008

Welcome the Kitchen Sink Crew Challenge's First Guest Hostess


I am thrilled to introduce to everyone, our first Guest Hostess. Please welcome, Emilia! :D

__________________________

Hello and welcome to my KS Crew Challenge!

My name in Emilia, I am from Rome, Italy. I lived for 5 years in London where I met my Finish husband. I am now living in Southwest Finland with my husband and English-born cat.
I've always loved paper and inks since I was a child. Since my high-school was in the center of Roma, if the school day was shorter, I used to visit a very old stationery store situated in the heart of Rome. They specialized in Florentine paper that I used to make envelopes or wrap gifts for friends.

I was introduced to rubber-stamping at the beginning of the '90's when I visited my friends in the U.S. I was immediately hooked to rubber-stamping! I used my stamps to decorate the letters and envelopes I was sending friends. I started card making two years ago, it's my best way of relaxing!

Now, I mainly use clear photopolymer stamps because I feel that they are more versatile and easy to store. I love flowers and background stamps. I love making my own pattern paper, it's challenging and rewarding!
_____________________________________

In this period of the year, most crafters are busy making gifts for friends and relatives.

My KS Crew Challenge for everyone today is:
"Make a gift for a friend or relative". Your project doesn't have to be necessarily Christmas themed.

Rules:
• alter tins, boxes or bags (glassine bags, coffee bags, clear bags);
• use Kitchen Sink Stamps only;
• any embellishments (no rub-ons);
• any ink;
• no pattern paper (use your stamps to make backgrounds);
• use ribbon in every project.

Where are TWO projects Emilia created to inspire us all!


For the candle, Emilia created her lovely tea tin and matching candle using the KSS set, 3 Step Autumn Squirrel. She used Memento Inks on tissue paper for the candle because they stay vibrant. With the candy gift bag, she used the KSS set 3 Step Butterfly. She used Palette Inks because they work very well on glossy paper. Emilia only used the last step for the background butterflies.

Thank you Emilia for the fun and challenging Challenge! Your projects are beautiful and inspiring... and sure to make the recipients very happy! :D You can see more of Emilia's beautiful work in her gallery on SCS.

For more inspiration, please check out what the entire KS Crew cooked up for this fabulous challenge.

Kitchen Sink Crew:

Please link your challenge projects in the Kitchen Sink Stamps' Group on Paper Craft Planet. Enter under Discussions - KS Crew Challenge #3.
Please use KSCC#3, kithcnesinkstamps or KSS as the keyword or tag when uploading to your favorite gallery.

Since to use all Kitchen Sink Stamps is apart of the challenge, you can also enter your challenge here and be entered in Nov./Dec. "What's Cook'n with Your Kitchen Sink Stamps". Here for full details.

:D Hope you all play along :D






8 comments:

Lynn said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Emilia for inspiring us today with these gorgeous gift items!!

The Autumn Leaf candle with its beautiful tin is sensational. I love the box with its decorative corners and precious popped-up squirrel on your fabulous leaf background!

The butterfly bag is truly lovely accented with the ribbon and rhinestone band at the top.

Outstanding work!!

Nicole said...

Welcome Emilia! Thanks for the great challenge!!

Julie Masse said...

Thank you so much Emilia for the wonderful challenge and your gorgeous projects! The papers you created are just lovely! I loved meeting you!! :)

Dee Jackson said...

Hi Emilia!! This was a great challenge thank you so much. Your samples are both beautiful!! I love the tin and the colors. The bag with the butterflies in those gorgeous colors just pushed your samples over the top.
You have been oh so inspiring!!

Lori said...

Thank you so much for the fun challenge and for sharing your beautiful projects with us. I enjoyed reading about you--nice to "meet" you this way!

Angela Knopf said...

Thanks for pushing us with such a great challenge Emilia! I LOVED playing along with you. The candle is beautiful!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Your projects are beautiful, Emilia! I have always loved seeing your work! Thank you for a fun challenge (even though I goofed and didn't completely follow the rules!) It was an honor to have you as our guest in the Kitchen!

Justine said...

Congratulazioni Emilia dalla Sicilia.

All images, text, photos and concepts are © 2008-2009 Kitchen Sink Stamps, Inc.™ All contents shared here on this blog and all other Kitchen Sink Stamps, Inc.™ websites, community groups and blogs are to be used as inspiration for your personal stamping and not to be used for publication (print or electronically) without permission.